Strokes, vision problems, arthritis and other conditions don't just affect people. Pets also develop serious health problems that change their lives. Fortunately, you can help your handicapped pet ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Larchmont Animal Clinic offers quality surgery for all types of pets in the Los Angeles area. Our surgical services include, but are not limited to:
• Lacerations/ Abscesses
• Tumor Removal
• Orthopedic (bone) Surgery
• Abdominal Surgery
• Ear and Eye Surgeries
• Oral/Periodontal Dental Surgery
Our surgical suite is equipped with the most up-to-date anesthesia, surgical, and monitoring equipment that allows us to perform many surgical services while ensuring your pet's safety and comfort.
Your pet is dropped off at our clinic fasted in the morning. All pets are then examined the day of surgery to ensure that they are healthy enough for the procedure. We also strongly recommend preoperative blood work prior to any surgery. This allows us to detect any underlying or sub-clinical conditions that could put your pet at risk for complications due to anesthetic.
Once cleared for surgery, all animals have an IV catheter placed and are administered IV fluids during the procedure. This keeps your pet hydrated and allows us to administer any IV medication needed. During surgery, your pet will have their blood pressure, heart rate, and blood oxygen levels monitored throughout the procedure. Our doctors strongly believe in providing pain management before, during and after surgery as needed. Once the surgery is completed, our technicians and doctors stay with and monitor your pet during the recovery phase and ensure that they are awake and safely tucked into their cages.
1. You deserve peace of mind. Testing can significantly reduce medical risk and ensure your pet's health and safety.
2. Pets can't tell us when they don't feel well. A healthy-appearing pet may be hiding symptoms of a disease or ailment. For example, a pet can lose up to 75% of kidney function before showing any visible signs of illness. Testing helps us evaluate your pet's health up front, so we can avoid problems.
3. Testing can reduce risk and consequences. If preanesthetic results are within normal ranges, we can proceed with confidence, knowing that anesthetic risk is minimized. On the other hand, if results are not within the normal ranges, we can alter the anesthetic procedure, or take other precautions to safeguard your pet's health and reduce the risk of potential complications.
4. Testing can help protect your pet's future health. These tests provide a baseline levels for your pet and become part of his or her medical record for future reference.
Blood tests help us determine your pet’s health status and causes of illness accurately, safely, and quickly and let us monitor the progress of medical treatments. Learn more about understanding your pet's lab work by reading the article below.